Friday, June 6, 2014

Vi Är Bäst!



A couple of days ago I went with my mom to see the 2013 Swedish indie film, "Vi är bäst!" (in English, "We Are the Best!"). Directed by Lukas Moodysson, the film follows a ragtag trio of outcast 13-year-old girls determined to fight against their oppressors and form a punk band. It's an extremely endearing tale of young adolescence, friendship, and the joy of living life in the moment. 10/10 would recommend. :)

Above is what I wore to the screening. I had seen some stills from the film beforehand and drew my inspiration from what the girls wore. If it had been cold enough I would have worn a scarf and a slouchy sweater.

The breakdown:
  • Button-down shirt: thrifted, "STS Blue" label
  • Jumper dress: recently bought at a friend's yard sale, "Urban Renewal" label
  • Socks: Target
  • Boots: thrifted, "Bongo" label

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment below, but make sure to BE NICE! Thanks!